Bartholomews Specialist Distribution’s sister company, Churchill Freight Services, undertakes the majority of the Group’s palletised deliveries.
With a fleet of over 70 vehicles (including articulated vehicles, rigid vehicles and vans) operating from five sites in the UK, Churchill Freight Services is well resourced to meet our customers’ delivery requirements. Additionally, Churchill Freight Services is part of Pall-Ex, the UK and European overnight delivery network.
- All vehicles are fitted with Navman telematics for monitoring vehicle locations and communication with drivers. Linked directly to vehicle routing software for accurate information.
- All vehicles are fitted with forward facing, nearside and rear cameras (recording on secure hard drive) to assist drivers and ensure maximum protection of all road users. Recorded on secure hard drive.
- All vehicles have on-board diagnostics for the management of fuel consumption, idling times and harsh braking. These are recorded weekly for accurate vehicle/driver management.
- In-house designed computer software for all transport operations from planning to management and financial operations.
- Guardian strapping system fitted to all curtain-sided vehicles/trailers to ensure safe/legal strapping of all loads
- All vehicles are registered under FORS scheme
- Appropriate vehicles registered under TASCC scheme
- Appropriate vehicles registered under FIAS Scheme. All new drivers assessed and inducted by an in-house nominated driver trainer
- All drivers undertake company-organised annual CPC training
- ADR trained staff